Skip to content
- Typical: A Theory of Typicality and Typicality Explanation (forthcoming). The British Journal for the Philosophy of Science (archive version).
- The Logic of Typicality (forthcoming). In Valia Allori (ed.), Statistical Mechanics and Scientific Explanation: Determinism, Indeterminism and Laws of Nature, World Scientific (with Harry Crane).
- Celestial Chaos: The New Logics of Theory-Testing in Orbital Dynamics (2019). Studies in History and Philosophy of Modern Physics, 65, 97-102.
- A Statistical Analysis of Luck (2018). Synthese, doi: 10.1007/s11229-018-1745-4.
- The Representation of Belief (2018). Journal of Philosophical Logic, 47, 715-732.
- New Data on the Representation of Women in Philosophy Journals: 2004-2015 (2018). Philosophical Studies, 175, 1441-1464 (with Sherri Conklin and Nicole Hassoun).
Works in Progress or Under Review
- [redacted for anonymous review] I propose existence, identity, and parthood conditions for mechanisms, biological or otherwise.
- [redacted for anonymous review] I argue that groups are fusions of pluralities (indexed to worlds and times), and I analyze the notion of a social group.
- [redacted for anonymous review] I argue that some individuals have their genders essentially while others do not.